The Challenge

Here is the challenge: to read the Bible in 90 days, sounds daunting, but not really if you look at the reading plan. If you're Bible was say 1790 pages long, which apparently some are, that's only 20 pages a day. So doable. :)

So here's the plan, set to embark this Saturday, June 19. I encourage you to join me. Here's the little tagline from Steven Furtick and Elevation church.

"B90X is a revolutionary system of intense, truth-absorbing,
brain-busting Bible reading that will transform your
understanding of Scripture from intro to nitro in just 90 days!
Your personal trainer, Ruach "The Breath" Yahweh, will drag you
through the most intense infusion of His vision that you have
ever experienced and you won't believe the results!"

My plan is to read and journal and I'd love to share with anyone who'd like to join me.

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Trying again...

So as my blog says, I am anything but constant though I am trying. So with my move to Dallas, life change and all that, I've decided to start blogging again. Hopefully this will be a way for people to check in on me, at least those who want to know. 

In beginning this new life step I've also take. On a challenge to read the Bible in 30 days. Gonna do the best I can and hope to have things finished a little after school starts. 

As the reading plan goes, which can be found here http://www.teachtochangelives.com/30dayplan/, I'm on day three and on into Leviticus. I don't have too much to report right now, but one thing did stick out to me, okay a couple. First of all I had forgotten that Israel means struggle with God. I think that struck me because for so long my relationship with God has been a struggle; me like Jacob, struggling against him. Of course the name is very apropos for the Israelites as well, so not much has changed in thousands of years. Despite all that struggling, God desperately loves us and still wants a relationship with us. I'm gonna focus on that for a while instead of the struggling. Sounds a lot better to me. 

As for the other things, I don't know this main piece seems the most important. Lets stick to that, shall we?  

No comments:

Post a Comment